The Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act (Wwft) determines to whom the Act applies under the term ‘entity’ (see Section 1 of the Wwft Act). The term ‘entity’ includes legal entities, but also natural persons. In addition, it mentions several services and activities in respect of specific entities that need not be reported.
Here you will find the page with information about each reporting group.
Entities with an obligation to report
At present, the following entities have an obligation to report unusual transactions to FIU-the Netherlands:
- Civil-law notaries
- Electronic money institutions
- Institutions, not being banks, that carry out banking activities
- Investment firms
- Investment institutions
- Life insurers
- Life insurance brokers
- Money exchange institutions
- Natural or legal persons that put their address at another’s disposal (domicile-providers)
- Pawn shops
- Payment service agents
- Payment service implementers acting by order of a payment service provider with other EU member state licence
- Payment service providers
- Safe custody services
- Tax advisors
- Traders / sellers of goods
- Trust offices
- Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities (UCITS)
Here you will find the specific information for each reporting group.